Friday, March 29, 2013

A heavenly afternoon with a divine accomplice - Four Seasons Wine.

“Wine is one of the most civilized things in the world and one of the most natural things of the world that has been brought to the greatest perfection, and it offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than, possibly, any other purely sensory thing.” - Ernest Hemingway

My enthusiasm in wine soared when I visited the Napa Valley .The whole process intrigued me .
That was my defining moment with respect to wine. In the beginning to appreciate wine is tricky.The taste is cultivated overtime .

In India you would see the majority favoring Whiskey , Rum etc etc .Wine is called a "Ladies" drink by many . I really don’t know how that perception was set .But yes ! I am jubilant by the fact that this trend is slowly changing.I spend an hour sometimes at "Natures Basket" conversing with the staff on the various brands they sell and trying to build an understanding on the cuisine they would be suited best with.

I got a call from Akshay Gopal Ginger Claps asking me to review a bottle of  Cabernet Sauvignon wine .Being a devotee of wine, I was ecstatic on being picked for the review.

I have had Four Seasons Wine many a times but I had never really known the fact that Four Seasons Wine belongs to UB Group.I did a research on Four Seasons Vineyards  and found out the following trivia .

Located in Sahyadri Valley, Four Seasons started their operations in a state of art faculty near Baramati. Alongside they have a French chateau style resort and a spa to boost wine tourism in the area.

So I decided to savour this bottle of  Four Seasons Wines with my friends on a dinner  but Wine has it's ways  :D .On a lazy Sunday afternoon my eyes fell on this bottle of wine which was beaming right back back at me . That is  when I decided I had to pop it .I could no longer be apart .

I impromptu  prepared Spaghetti in Mushroom sauce .Luckily for me I had saved some Tiramisu .I headed over to the balcony and set myself to start the feast .It was a sunny afternoon . I tilted the glass and the wine was clear and had a bright Raspberry color. Initially on smelling it ,the odour was floral but deeper in the glass the odors  grew richer.

Cabernet Sauvignon is very rich in flavor as they leave the skin on during the making. The sense of dryness is felt on sipping the wine and this is quite common in red wine due to high content of tannin. Personally this works for me every time with Pasta or Spaghetti. The creaminess in the sauce of the spaghetti and the acidity in the wine was a perfect combination for the palette. Tiramisu paired with a glass of Four Seasons Wine , and I was in heaven.

I enjoyed my Sunday lunch.It was blissful and quiet .My wine , my food and I   --- My definition of a perfect afternoon .The wine was ideal in Flavor . Was well balanced and rounded up without any distaste.



I have not had my chance at tasting  Sauvignon Blanc that Four Seasons Wines has to offer .I am definitely going to try it soon an they are quite an experience and are very affordable. The bottles are priced at 650 RS . A perfect idea for a gift as well.

I strongly recommend !! :)


Connect with Four Season Wines

Facebook : FourSeasonsWines
Twitter:    @FourSeasonsWine

Learn more : Four Season Wines 



No comments:

Post a Comment